Founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell, LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.
The Institute offers 47 types of training schools, workshops, and seminars; a free employment placement service; and a national field program that trains conservative students to organize campus groups.
The Political and Fundraising Training Coordinator routinely aids in creating, updating, and presenting course curriculum to participants. The ideal candidate will possess either fundraising or political campaign experience at any level, internship or volunteer experience in these areas are also acceptable. It is highly desirable that the candidate will be able to represent the Leadership Institute in a professional manner and a desire to developing new networks throughout the DC area.
Applicant should be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, work independently or with others, possess the ability to market and recruit attendees, have strong public speaking skills, and be very personable and outgoing. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly organized, detail oriented, and be able to manage multiple projects at once.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day planning and implementation of upcoming training programs
- Recruit attendees and manage attendee correspondence.
- Schedule and plan for multiple faculty guests for political training programs
- Prepare materials for training programs
- Event preparations including classroom and catering setup
- Assist with departmental projects as needed
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Ben Woodward at email@example.com
Type of Position
Required Employment Authorization
Hourly Rate (US$)
Annual Salary (US$)
Relocation Assistance Provided
Education and/or experience:
- At least one to two years of work experience
- Event management skills
- Some knowledge of fundraising and campaign experience is recommended