Primary Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the Leadership Institute’s (LI) Regional Development Division is to increase donor loyalty and upgrade major donor support.
The Donor Relations Officer is responsible for supporting the Senior Development Officer in the South Central region with major gifts donors, as detailed below. The Donor Relations Officer reports directly to the Senior Development Officer and has the potential to supervise a seasonal intern.
Numerous professional development opportunities exist through LI’s political training programs (e.g., High-Dollar Fundraising, Public Speaking, Online Fundraising, and Direct Mail) and one-on-one mentoring by LI Development staff.
- Assists the Senior Development Officer with tasks to ensure donors are receiving the highest quality service and care
- Assists the Senior Development Officer with donor visit appointments and maintains her calendar
- Serves as the primary point of contact for high-dollar donors in the region
- Uses personable customer service skills to fulfill the Leadership Institute’s goal of highest-quality donor relations
- Advances the donor's relationship with the Institute in all communications
- Proactively responds to donor requests, messages, and donations
- Collaborates across multiple departments to generate shareholder-specific investment updates
- Creates briefing reports for the Senior Development Officer’s state trips to visit with caseload donors
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge updates and researches potential donors to cultivate
- Uses Crescendo software to generate annuity quotes for regional donors and maintains annuitant list
- Performs administrative duties as required
- Prioritize tasks of varying importance in order to meet project deadlines
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references to Bethany Rolando at BRolando@leadershipinstitute.org.
The Leadership Institute is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 non-profit educational foundation that trains conservatives to be effective activists and leaders.
Type of Position
Required Employment Authorization
Hourly Rate (US$)
Annual Salary (US$)
Relocation Assistance Provided
- Self-starting attitude is a must for this role, particularly as the Senior Development Officer for South Central works offsite. The Donor Relations Officer in this region acts as a liaison between the SDO and the Vice President of Development.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Crescendo software a plus, but not required