The Leadership Institute is hiring an editor-in-chief for its campus news website Campus Reform.org. As America's leading source for conservative college news, Campus Reform serves as a watchdog to our country's higher education system, with a mission to expose liberal bias and abuse on college campuses.
As editor-in-chief of Campus Reform, you will oversee a team of professional reporters and a network of conservative student journalists with a passion for reforming American higher education by reporting on the conduct and misconduct of administrators, faculty, and students.
Apply now if you're an:
- Accomplished editor
- Fearless reporter
- Proven team leader with strong conservative principles and a proven ability to articulate them
Why it's great to work at the Leadership Institute:
- Free access to all Leadership Institute training programs
- Access to professional media training and promotion services
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunity to build a national media presence
How to apply: please fill out the conservativejobs.com application and send a cover letter, resume, and any writing samples or media interviews to Bryan Bernys at Bbernys@leadershipinstitute.org.
The Leadership Institute is a 501 (c)( 3) organization that was founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell, LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.
The Institute offers 47 types of training schools, workshops, and seminars; a free employment placement service; and a national field program that trains conservative students to organize campus groups.
Since 1979, LI has trained more than 171,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students. The Institute's unique college campus network has grown to more than 1,700 conservative campus groups and newspapers.
Type of Position
Required Employment Authorization
Hourly Rate (US$)
Annual Salary (US$)
Relocation Assistance Provided
- Two-to-five years professional journalism experience as a reporter, editor, or other related journalism position
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in identifying and producing newsworthy content
- Strict adherence to journalism rules and ethics
- A strong understanding of conservative politics
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Ability to lead and manage a team of reporters and support staff
- Avid consumer of national news
- Strong following on social network and a proven ability to create and distribute content
- Ability to public speak and to train and develop student journalists
- Experience reporting on higher education issues
- Experience in broadcast media
- Accomplished opinion writer
- Experience with video or photo editing