The coordinator will be responsible for the planning, recruitment, execution, and follow-up of the Leadership Institute’s communications training programs, as well as assisting in the operation of Leadership Institute Studios.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Regularly schedule communications training programs, including Public Speaking, Debate, Television/Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Writing, and others
- Manage marketing and recruitment efforts to maximize training attendance
- Build relationships with new and existing training faculty
- Develop relationships with conservative organizations to provide training
- Arrange materials for training programs and manage attendee correspondence
- Execute day-of event preparations including classroom and catering setup and cleanup
- Host training programs, check-in students, deliver bios, and see off faculty
- Operate equipment for in-studio programs
- Oversee post-event data entry and correspondence
- Collaborate in department projects as needed
Education and/or experience:
- A Bachelor's degree and 1+ years of related experience
- Familiar with current trends in political communications, media, and marketing
- Experience with event management
- Applicant should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, independently and with others; possess the ability to build valuable relationships; have strong public speaking ability; and be very personable.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with broadcast equipment is a plus
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Jared Reni, Director of Communications Training and Studios, at JReni@LeadershipInstitute.org.