About Leadership Institute
Founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell, Leadership Institute (LI) -- a non-partisan 501(C)3 nonprofit -- provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications.
The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media. Since its founding, LI has trained more than 200,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students.
About the Opening
LI seeks a friendly, detailed-oriented, and organized individual with the highest levels of personal integrity to serve as Payroll and HR Coordinator. This person will serve as the project lead for all organizational payroll and HR-related issues.
Most importantly, the person we are looking for is a servant leader, a team player, and a “doer” who is motivated by the Institute’s mission to form the next generation of conservative leaders.
- Payroll: Execute LI’s twice monthly payroll including any updates to employee status and benefits. Ensure compliance with state and federal tax requirements. Serve as an organization-wide point of contact to answer staff questions related to payroll and benefits.
- Benefits Management: Monitor LI’s health and retirement benefit plans; make necessary changes; and process with each payroll. Manage new benefit enrollments. Coordinate COBRA with departing employees. Serve as the annual coordinator for the renegotiation of LI’s benefit plans and serve as project manager for the annual open enrollment period.
- Onboarding/Terminations: Process the onboarding of new employees and terminations of departing employees. Coordinate with organization stakeholders to ensure employees have all necessary resources to begin their employment.
- Human Resources: Serve as a point of contact for all payroll, benefits and HR related-issues within the organization.
- Misc: Provide executive admin support to the VP for Finance as needed and other tasks as determined by the VP for Finance.
- Special Projects
- Payroll Processor: Serve as project coordinator for the selection and implementation of a new payroll system.
- HR File System: Serve as project coordinator for the implementation of a new HR file retention system.
- Retirement Plan: Serve as project coordinator for the selection and implementation of a new retirement plan.
Type of Position
Required Employment Authorization
Hourly Rate (US$)
Annual Salary (US$)
Relocation Assistance Provided
- 2+ years of experience, with preference given to experience in finance, payroll, or business administration capacity
- BSc or BA with preference given to degrees in accounting, business or the liberal arts
- Highest levels of personal integrity
- Highly detailed-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now preferred but not required
- Alignment with and passion for the mission of the Leadership Institute