The Programs Training Coordinator routinely seeks out and recruits participants to various Leadership Institute DC-based training programs. The Coordinator will continuously communicate with participants who have questions about the programs and encourage their attendance at Leadership Institute training.
In this entry-level position, the ideal candidate will possess event management experience and 2 years professional experience. Equivalent experience in internships or volunteer experience in areas specific to events, marketing, or campaigns will be considered. It is highly desirable that the candidate will be able to represent the Leadership Institute in a professional manner as they will develop new networks throughout the country to recruit attendees for online and DC-area trainings.
Applicants should be the epitome of professionalism and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, work independently or with others, possess the ability to market and recruit attendees, have strong public speaking skills, and be very personable. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and be able to manage multiple projects at once.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with other divisions to provide support for upcoming training programs
- Recruit attendees and advocate for Leadership Institute trainings
- Manage attendee correspondence and answer their questions about programs
- Prepare materials and event preparations including classroom and catering setup
- Assist with projects as needed
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Patricia Rausch, at prausch@LeadershipInstitute.org. You must have a completed Conservative Jobs profile to be considered for an interview. Please indicate the profile is complete as well as a desired salary in your cover letter.
Type of Position
Required Employment Authorization
Hourly Rate (US$)
Annual Salary (US$)
Relocation Assistance Provided
Education and/or experience:
- At least two years of work experience (internships and volunteer work considered)
- Event management skills
- Some knowledge of public policy is recommended
- Completed Bachelors degree strongly desired