The Leadership Institute is hiring an entry-level accountant who is consistent, accurate, reliable, and timely. As Accountant 1, you will be joining LI’s dedicated, fun, and energetic team. You will help the Accounting department with essential functions that allow the Leadership Institute to run efficiently.
This role is at the Leadership Institute’s headquarters in Arlington, VA and applications should reside within commuting distance. The salary is $21/hour for the first 90 days. Part-time or full-time opportunity available.
· Assists in managing corporate credit cards
· Prepares vouchers, invoices, expense reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy
· Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
· Works with the Comptroller to develop and document new accounting policies and processes
· Makes bank deposits
· Posts transactions and deposits in accounting software
· Other activities assigned by Comptroller and CFO
Why it’s great to work at the Leadership Institute:
· Opportunities to improve your skillset through LI’s investment in your professional development
· Free access to all Leadership Institute trainings (time permitting)
· Fun workplace with a great mix of energy and teamwork
· Team building exercises every quarter
· Wonderful coworkers who are always happy to lend a helping hand
· Become part of the Leadership Institute’s vast conservative network
· Opportunity for advancement
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position/mission of the Leadership Institute and salary requirements to Melissa Blume at MBlume@leadershipinstitute.org. Get creative and tell us why you're passionate about helping conservatives. We will review your resume and contact you for further information if we feel your background and skills are a good match for this position.
The Leadership Institute is a 501(c)(3) organization that was founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell. LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.
The Institute offers 47 types of training schools, workshops, and seminars; a free employment placement service; and a national field program that trains conservative students to organize campus groups.
Since 1979, LI has trained more than 176,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students. The Institute's unique college campus network has grown to more than 1,700 conservative campus groups and newspapers.
Type of Position
Required Employment Authorization
Hourly Rate (US$)
Annual Salary (US$)
Relocation Assistance Provided
· Bachelor’s degree
· Effective communication skills
· Attentive to detail
· Strong quantitative, analytical skills
· Ability to be highly confidential about internal financial and HR information
· Eagerness to learn new tasks that are not listed in your job description
· Bookkeeping/Accounting software
· Microsoft Excel
· Experience with 501(c)3 organizations
· A basic understanding of finance (debits and credits)
These skills are desired but not necessary. On the job training is provided.