|Position or Job Title|
|Company||Charles Koch Institute|
|Internal Job ID||PolicyDirector|
|On or Off Site?||On-Site, NO Telecommute|
Description & Requirements
description of job opening
The Charles Koch Institute seeks a Program Director to lead the Institute’s policy and research team and work with external partners to identify, develop, and implement strategic opportunities to educate the public and policy makers about the relationship between economic freedom, prosperity and societal progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate strategies to engage and mobilize the resources necessary to build public awareness of the Institute’s priority policy issues related to economic freedom, including but not limited to, government spending, cronyism, regulation and environment.
- Manage the Institute’s overall research agenda by evaluating current research and anticipating and planning for future research needs, thereby ensuring the Institute engages in leveraged areas that advance its mission.
- Mentor and guide the policy team of approximately ten staff members.
- Build relationships and work with key non-profits in order to disseminate research to organizations that are in the best position to leverage it.
- Actively engage existing partners at the state and national level as well as identify and cultivate relationships with new partners in order to educate the public about the benefits of free markets, limited government and economic freedom.
- Oversee the policy team’s classroom activity for the Institute’s educational programs.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree in economics, political science or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience, with proven ability to manage a staff.
- A solid understanding of free market economics.
- Leadership experience running issue campaigns at the state and/or national level.
- Experience working with market-oriented non-profit organizations at the state and/or national level.
- Strong program management, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and a passion for economic freedom.
Interested? Apply online at www.charleskochinstitute.org/jobs.
|Required Employment Authorization||Required Education||Required Travel|
|Hourly Rate (US$)||Type of Position||Required Experience|
|NA /hr||Full-time||10 - 15 Years|
|Relocation Assistance Provided||Annual Salary (US$)||Required Education Major|
|February 10, 2012|